Wednesday 25 December 2013

Merry Christmas from Chamonix

So here I am on Christmas Day just chilling out after brunch. Has been an interesting few days.
This year, opposed to last I have some fun roommates more my age, so the social aspect of the trip has been a lot better. We share our costs which makes things so much more manageable. The apre ski I went to yesterday afternoon was so much fun. With all of us dancing on chairs and tables to a Swedish band playing covers.
We also had an all centre Christmas dinner where we had gifts, traditional French Christmas food and random Carol singing. The bar provided us with gifts too. Generally junk, but some got lucky and got a nice beanie.
The skiing has been interesting. Not much base snow left on parts of the run, and so have to avoid stones and plants. Hopefully today it snows as the slopes desperately need it. This has been a challenge for me as I am in group that was already going to be a challenge. But I have survived. Keeping up just with the group I am in. Done some off piste for the first time and done some pretty difficult mogul runs. Done some good falling. But nothing unexpected there. The only issue with the group is that I don't get enough technique work as everyone else is much more advanced than I am.
Just heard snow rumours...... excellent
Merry Christmas all. Hope you all are able to reflect back on a good year. I can say my year has been amazing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment