Thursday 24 October 2013

Welcome Back

Hey everyone. This is the second trip I am blogging about. I enjoyed doing the first one as it has allowed me to look back at the trip and remember a few details that I may have forgotten.

This trip I am heading away to Italy for the school break. I will be with Tyler Heffernan, a friend and colleague of mine. Our trip starts with a day trip to Krakow only to visit Auschwitz. From there, we are back in a plane to Rome. We go Rome/Vatican --> Ortona --> San Marino --> Florence --> Pisa.

I am excited about this trip, but also apprehensive. When I first moved to Europe, there were two cities I had to visit before I would consider going back home to NZ. One was Athens, which some of you know, I went to in July. And the other city was Rome. So come the end of the holidays, my goals have been met. However, having travelled Europe as much as I have now, I have a new goal....to finish Europe. So another exciting part of this trip is I visit 2 new countries, Vatican City and San Marino.

Like I said, I am also apprehensive. Having wanted to visit this city since university, my expectations are obviously pretty high. I have been to Italy a few times, and have always been disappointed. Naples is a terrible city, Milan is a terrible city, and Venice has one nice spot, the rest of it......again terrible. My hope is that this trip won't follow the same trend. From what I hear, it shouldn't, and it has amazing old stuff which I love (like Athens which I thought was amazing, but many travelers seem to dislike).

So anyway, I will be trying to update this blog daily - sharing news of my hostels, the tourist attractions, Italians, pizza, gelato, pasta and general tomfoolery.

Hope you enjoy, and hey to any Pavlovians who may be following the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment