Wednesday 29 June 2016

South America Intro

Again the summer holidays are here, and I've never been more excited for the end of the school year.
This summer I decided to finally get to my 6th continent, and the one I have talked about going to for years, South America. My first 12 days are in Peru. The home of the Inca's according to our western history books. Although the word actually means king. These are the Quechua people.
After Peru, i head north into Ecuador on a 27 hour bus ride, before flying to the Galapagos. After Ecuador, i travel up into Colombia, spending most of the time on the Caribbean coast. From Colombia I fly to the Yucatan to see what the Aztecs got up. Then to Cuba before the country is opened up to the USA. Finally I spend just under a week in Florida to unwind before my flight back to Stockholm.
The start of the trip was quite eventful, with the airline losing my luggage and taking 2 days to get it to my first destination, Cusco. I was then required to go to the airport to collect my bag, where they took my passport and lost my immigration card. This meant spending a morning in the immigration office getting a new one. But all good, I was due a challenging situation while traveling since it has generally been 7 years of travel without any difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment